Aluminum Falcon
Welcome to Aluminum Falcon

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Aluminum Falcon
Welcome to Aluminum Falcon
Aluminum Falcon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Explosive Conflict 08/24/2012 :15pm PDT
Guild Meeting - July 7 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 7:10 pm by Siriun

» We're Moving!!
Guild Meeting - July 7 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 11:14 am by Pawtucket

» Couple of weeks
Guild Meeting - July 7 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 6:02 pm by Celestina_Ash

» Nightmare EV - Title Run @ 5pm PDT 08/19/2012
Guild Meeting - July 7 2012 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:55 am by Celestina_Ash

» Naked Foot Race - Sunday
Guild Meeting - July 7 2012 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:03 pm by Aalinya

» Hulk Smash
Guild Meeting - July 7 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:27 am by Pawtucket

» Burst DPS Spec
Guild Meeting - July 7 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 8:46 pm by Bleo

» Explosive Conflict 08/17/2012 ... Friday
Guild Meeting - July 7 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 6:09 pm by Aalinya

» Real Life Pictures
Guild Meeting - July 7 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:10 pm by Canadian

» Nightmare/HM KP 08/15/2012
Guild Meeting - July 7 2012 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:40 am by Aalinya

Guild Meeting - July 7 2012

5 posters

Go down

Guild Meeting - July 7 2012 Empty Guild Meeting - July 7 2012

Post by Squid Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:39 pm

Topics:
1. Forums:

• Please read the forums.
  • Try to get on at least once a week to sign up for operations and see whats going on for the week.

2. Operations Groups

• Operation runs are posted prior to the game week (starts on Tuesday).
  • When signing up for a run please post the toon name and the role (RDPS, MDPS, Tank, etc.).

3. Special Groups

• Ranked PvP group. Sign up in the PvP forum. No experience required.
  • Semi-hardcore raid group. Sign up in the Semi-hardcore forum under Operations. This will be a more focused raid group.

4. Policies

• If you take an item for the bank, specifically stims and augment kits, please donate half the GTN cost to the bank if you can.
  • Please put augment kits and grade 6 biochem spare mats into the bank for crafters.

5. Misc

• Cel is going to setup some fun runs. If you have any ideas please let her know.
  • Please use family friendly language in vent outside of the main SWTOR lobby.
  • A discussion will be setup for moving to a paid guild hosting plan. More to follow.

Last edited by Squid on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Oops)

Squid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Guild Meeting - July 7 2012 Empty Re: Guild Meeting - July 7 2012

Post by BowenTheKotoc Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:12 pm

I'd like to clarify the Ventrilo policy so there is no confusion.

First, it was made official at the guild meeting, we are using Ventrilo for voice comms (this may change if we go to Enjin, I guess?). Specifically, we are using the NSP guild's vent server which is maintained by Acedeor, an NSP officer. He pays a bi-yearly subscription cost for a 25-user limit (upgraded from their basic rate which I think has a 10-user limit). If you like Vent and want to help Ace pay to keep it at the 25-user limit (so we can actually do 16-man Ops), please consider donating some cash to his account. Here is his page with a donation button: http://acedia.hopto.org/

Second, I'd like to specify which channels we need to keep Family Friendly. I know AF as a guild does not have a rule about how people can talk, but when NSP merged with AF it was with the understanding that some members of the guild required at least a place they could go to guarantee that Family Friendly environment while playing. AF has been great about being accomodating to our needs so we can all play and have fun together. Since the Vent server is technically NSP's, I'd like to keep the main lobby a Family Friendly (I'll just abbreviate with FF from now on) channel. Since the AF guild as a whole hangs out in the SWTOR channel, we'll leave that one uncensored. If any AF member(s) want to use any of the other game channels please feel free. If the channel is for an M rated title, then obviously it makes sense to leave the channel uncensored. If it is a Teen or lower rated game, though, please consider who else is in the channel and try to moderate your speech appropriately. I'll be changing channels around in the SWTOR channel to make things less confusing there. I don't think we're using the NSP or JAFW channels anymore so I'll remove those and replace them with A, B, and C group channels and A(FF), B(FF), and C(FF) group channels. The (FF) channels will be for those members who require a FF channel while playing. If you group with them and join those channels, please moderate your speech accordingly. I don't think that will make things too cumbersome or awkward, right? If anyone has alternative ideas I am open to discussion.

And if any of this is unclear, please ask for clarification, I don't mind trying to explain again if I botched it the first time around. Smile
BowenTheKotoc
BowenTheKotoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Yevi Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:28 pm

This should work fine for me.

Yevi

Back to top Go down

Post by BowenTheKotoc Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:03 pm

I'd like to propose an additional policy/guideline for Operations. I call it the "3rd Time's the Charm" rule. First part - let's try to use the group channels whenever we run Ops to minimize cross-talk from people not in the Op (the group channels have been configured as I proposed in my previous post). Second part - if we wipe twice on a boss, let's try to eliminate any distractions around us (TV, radio, etc.) to help with situational awareness and wringing out those extra few dps/hps and make the 3rd attempt the successful attempt (obviously this only applies to bosses with well-known strategies, progression groups may need many tries to perfect their strategy on new bosses).
BowenTheKotoc
BowenTheKotoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Siriun Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:04 pm

Concur

Siriun

http://www.chadhilton.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aalinya Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:31 pm

I think since SMs and most HMs are casual. This isn't us. If we want to implement this change then it must be approved by the guild as a whole. Otherwise the progression groups are where this policy belongs.
Aalinya
Aalinya
Admin

https://aluminumfalcon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BowenTheKotoc Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:28 pm

Regarding the donation page Ace has for the vent server, I forgot to mention but there is an added bonus just for visiting his page (no donation necessary). There is a link on the page to a recording of Yevi saying he wants to be a cute little girl. One of the funniest things you will ever hear. XD
BowenTheKotoc
BowenTheKotoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down