Aluminum Falcon
Welcome to Aluminum Falcon

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Aluminum Falcon
Welcome to Aluminum Falcon
Aluminum Falcon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Explosive Conflict 08/24/2012 :15pm PDT
Toth and Zorn I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 7:10 pm by Siriun

» We're Moving!!
Toth and Zorn I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 11:14 am by Pawtucket

» Couple of weeks
Toth and Zorn I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 6:02 pm by Celestina_Ash

» Nightmare EV - Title Run @ 5pm PDT 08/19/2012
Toth and Zorn I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:55 am by Celestina_Ash

» Naked Foot Race - Sunday
Toth and Zorn I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:03 pm by Aalinya

» Hulk Smash
Toth and Zorn I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:27 am by Pawtucket

» Burst DPS Spec
Toth and Zorn I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 8:46 pm by Bleo

» Explosive Conflict 08/17/2012 ... Friday
Toth and Zorn I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 6:09 pm by Aalinya

» Real Life Pictures
Toth and Zorn I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:10 pm by Canadian

» Nightmare/HM KP 08/15/2012
Toth and Zorn I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:40 am by Aalinya

Toth and Zorn

2 posters

Go down

Toth and Zorn Empty Toth and Zorn

Post by Aalinya Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:48 am

I've been trying to not give away my strategy but... enough people have killed it, I guess I might as well. This works for 16 or 8 man.

A - Tank 1
B - Tank 2
Z - Zorn
T - Toth

Prior to Jump
(A)(T) <-------------------60 yards-------------------> (Z)(B)------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------25 Yards-------------------------------------------
--------------------------(healers here)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------(Ranged DPS)--------------------------

Jump
tank A go that way ---> <--- tank B go that way, take Toth with you
(A) <-------------------60 yards------------------->(T)(Z)(B)------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------25 Yards-------------------------------------------
--------------------------(healers here)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------(Ranged DPS)--------------------------

AfterJump
(B)(T) <-------------------60 yards-------------------> (Z)(A)------------------------------------------------------

Advantages of this over other methods:
1) Healers never take any smash damage
2) ranged DPS never move, or get debuff, due to the fact that Toth lands on the other side of the tank from them, giving an additional 5+ yards of space.
3) ranged never take smash damage
4) You can place your smart sorc DPS with the healers and they can dot both targets for massive dps. (Lightning sorcs are amazing here.). You can also put snipers there for double shatter shot.
5) The only people who need healing outside of sonic phase are the tanks and the melee dps.

When toth enrages, the melee needs to run out, that shockwave hits twice as hard, and is a bit hard to catch up from if you have quite a few getting hit. The rock explosion phase should be light healing... those rocks are avoidable and easily manage imo..the dot doesnt hit that hard, so no one should be dropping below 50% during that phase unless they eat a rock. After the phase ends, aoe heal and continue as you were.

Also, there is apparently a delay in when the 2 can be effectively taunted so you have to wait a few seconds after they jump together for the tank to swap targets.
Aalinya
Aalinya
Admin

https://aluminumfalcon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Toth and Zorn Empty Re: Toth and Zorn

Post by Pawtucket Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:50 pm

seems like a very much tank coordination fight, not so much ranged. melee just follow the target. i'm assuming there is a tank swap because of a stacking debuff?
Pawtucket
Pawtucket
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aalinya Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:38 pm

Yeah there's a debuff that requires the tanks switch off. However, after watching last nights footage, there are a couple things that need to be addressed.

Healers are standing too far apart according to the diagram. Last night we had one healer on one side, another healer on another side, and it looks like they should be standing closer together, slightly between the bosses at 28m Range. This puts them just outside splash damage. Ranged can pick a side and stay there, which isn't an issue.

Prior to Jump
(A)(T) <-------------------60 yards-------------------> (Z)(B)------------------------------------------------------

This is where the strategy gets different. This suggests that the tanks run towards eachother meeting in the middle, switching bosses, and then continuing on to switch sides. Also, there is apparently a delay in when the 2 can be effectively taunted so you have to wait a few seconds after they jump together for the tank to swap targets.

Jump
tank A go that way ---> <--- tank B go that way, take Toth with you
(A) <-------------------60 yards------------------->(T)(Z)(B)------------------------------------------------------

This leaves Toth on the Left Side at all times, with the melee, and the melee don't move ever.

AfterJump
(B)(T) <-------------------60 yards-------------------> (Z)(A)------------------------------------------------------

Advantages of this over other methods:
1) Healers never take any smash damage
2) ranged DPS never move, or get debuff, due to the fact that Toth lands on the other side of the tank from them, giving an additional 5+ yards of space.
3) ranged never take smash damage

When toth enrages, the melee needs to run out, that shockwave hits twice as hard, and is a bit hard to catch up from if you have quite a few getting hit. The rock explosion phase should be light healing... those rocks are avoidable and easily manage imo..the dot doesnt hit that hard, so no one should be dropping below 50% during that phase unless they eat a rock. After the phase ends, aoe heal and continue as you were.
Aalinya
Aalinya
Admin

https://aluminumfalcon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pawtucket Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:54 pm

Sounds solid. I'm willing to give this a go if you guys want to give it another shot.
Pawtucket
Pawtucket
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down