Aluminum Falcon
Welcome to Aluminum Falcon

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Aluminum Falcon
Welcome to Aluminum Falcon
Aluminum Falcon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Explosive Conflict 08/24/2012 :15pm PDT
NSP Events I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 7:10 pm by Siriun

» We're Moving!!
NSP Events I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 11:14 am by Pawtucket

» Couple of weeks
NSP Events I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 6:02 pm by Celestina_Ash

» Nightmare EV - Title Run @ 5pm PDT 08/19/2012
NSP Events I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:55 am by Celestina_Ash

» Naked Foot Race - Sunday
NSP Events I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:03 pm by Aalinya

» Hulk Smash
NSP Events I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:27 am by Pawtucket

» Burst DPS Spec
NSP Events I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 8:46 pm by Bleo

» Explosive Conflict 08/17/2012 ... Friday
NSP Events I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 6:09 pm by Aalinya

» Real Life Pictures
NSP Events I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:10 pm by Canadian

» Nightmare/HM KP 08/15/2012
NSP Events I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:40 am by Aalinya

NSP Events

4 posters

Go down

NSP Events Empty NSP Events

Post by Yevi Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:52 pm

Bowen suggested I post some event ideas that we have tried in the past in NSP. I was the in-abstentia-nominated events coordinator.

The first event was a scavenger hunt. It was held on Ord Mantell and I provided a list of items to get. Point values were assigned to items and there were bonus points for completing sets. The event was fun, but was there was a lot of luck involved. It also had problems at the end because it took a while to score. I have since figured out how to mitigate that.

Another event was a naked foot race on Tython. This event was very successful IMO. I had friends on unknown characters planted around the planet. At the start point, everyone removed all gear. Use of travel aids was forbidden by the rules. I gave the group a challenge phrase, a response phrase, and a clue. The clue told them where to find the next way point. They were to whisper the challenge phrase to other toons to see if one of them would return with the proper response phrase. Once they found the correct person, they would receive the next phrases and clue. After 3 way points, the last clue and phrases sent them to the end. First three finishers got a prize. The hidden gem to this event is that the players ended up whispering weird phrases to unsuspecting players and receiving some great replies back.

Another event I tried didn't work out so well. I was going for a look-a-like contest. You create a new character and try to make it look like a celebrity. You were then given credits (1k) to try and accessorize your toon to help your look. The idea was to convince everyone else you were the closest match. Unfortunately, the game just doesn't have enough clothing available to new characters and new characters are confined to their starting planet. So, we couldn't meet up on fleet as planned. I am not sure this kind of thing can work, but I would be willing to try again.

So, those are the big things I put together while not being the events coordinator. I am not saying we need to do it, but if there is sufficient interest, I would love to run them again.

Yevi

Back to top Go down

NSP Events Empty Re: NSP Events

Post by Siriun Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:39 pm

I did all events. It was fun and great meeting everyone. Super funny at some points.

Siriun

http://www.chadhilton.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pawtucket Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:01 pm

The foot race sound like a blast!
Pawtucket
Pawtucket
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BowenTheKotoc Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:27 pm

The foot race was absolutely a blast. Good clues, good hiding places, funny phrases.
BowenTheKotoc
BowenTheKotoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum